How to choose a cleaning company or integrated services?
- Have you signed a cleaning and/or integrated services contract agreement?
- Are you aware of the contents of the Biagi law?
- Do you know the difference between staff leasing and a genuine contract?
- Are you aware of the penalties imposed in case of failure to comply with the Biagi law?
- Do you know what the DURC is?
- What risks do you incur if the cleaning staff do not have a valid residence permit?
- Are you sure your cleaning company is compliant?
- Are you aware of the fact that, if the cleaning company is not paying INPS contributions to it employees, the latter have the right to ask you to do so?
- Are you sure that your provider is not subcontracting the work to others without informing you?
- Have you checked the corporate structure of the company that provides the services?
- Have you reviewed the relevant Chamber of Commerce records?
- Have you checked whether a chain of contract and subcontract “empty shells” exist?
- Have you checked that the payslip of the person who physically provides the cleaning work corresponds to the company to which you assigned the contract?
Cleaning / Cleanliness
- Are you sure that the mops used to clean the call center bathrooms are not also being used for the CEO’s PC?
- Are the data sheets of the hygiene/sanitation materials and the chemicals used at your office available to you?
- Is there a supervisor of the people who physically provide the cleaning services?
- How often do the inspections take place?
- Does the paper used bear the Ecolabel?
- Have you checked the tidiness and the conditions of the equipment used for cleaning?
- Are the premises identified?
- Have you checked that the cleaning trolleys have two buckets?
- Have you made sure that the cleaners wear safety shoes?
- Do all the cleaners wear a uniform?
- Have you checked that there is a time clock for proper monitoring of the staff’s actual hours of work?
Health and safety
- Has your Prevention and Protection Manager informed you of the risks of non-compliance?
- Are you compliant with the provisions of law 81 on workplace ventilation requirements?
- If you have carpeting, have you planned an adequate number of washes per year?
- Does your cleaning and sanitizing company provide a certificate of reduction of the bacterial load, as required by the Lombardy Region’s regulations?
- Do you know what the DUVRI is?
- Have you completed the DUVRI and attached it to the contract?
- Do you know what PPE is (DPI in Italian)? Does your company use it?
- Are you aware that any non-compliance with the provisions of law 81 (formerly 626) may result in criminal charges against the CEO?
- Have you made sure that the employees have attended safety and/or fire prevention training courses?
- Do the staff wear a uniform?
- Do the staff receive regular training on communication and customer care?
- Are the staff actually supervised by the contractor?
- Are you aware of the costs incurred by the contractor for the people who physically do the work?
Cleanliness and IT
- Is your data center appropriately sanitized on a regular basis?
- Did you know that 70% of data center malfunctions are caused by dust you can’t see?
- Does your data center share hardware with workstations?